Serves as a project manager in a fast-paced post production company. Facilitates and oversees all finishing processes of scripted TV shows from dailies through final delivery.
• Serves as the main point of contact for clients in the facility, and liaises between the client (show producers, studio executives, etc.) and Company’s staff and artists, ensuring a smooth finishing process and overall client experience
• Manages day-to-day session scheduling with clients for editorial, color, and other miscellaneous needs, and coordinates with internal operations to schedule appropriate resources and staff
• Coordinates creation of all work-in-progress, final, and archival deliverables
• Manages receiving media and organizes the delivery of materials from client (camera masters, stock footage, VFX shots, VFX and online turnovers, etc.) with internal dailies and IO departments
• Collaborates with engineering and technical staff to design and manage clients’ workflows through the facility and troubleshoot any complications that may arise
• Stays in continuous communication with their clients with regards to the status and details of all episodes throughout the season to deliver a product that meets or exceeds schedule requirements
• Achieves operational objectives by ensuring all broadcast, archival, and workflow standards are met and client/studio approved.
• Uses Xytech MediaPulse effectively as it relates to session and resource scheduling and creating work orders for all work done throughout all departments of the facility.
• Coordinates with billing and sales departments as needed to confirm client needs are accounted for and work is billed appropriately.
• Possesses outstanding workflow understanding and communication ability to help guide clients through finishing processes of varying complexity.
• Be able to work well in a team environment.
• Comprehension of studio security standards, guidelines, and practices, and the ability to maintain the highest levels of discretion as it relates to unreleased client content
• Critical understanding of both tape and file-based deliverable spec
• Must be familiar and comfortable with HD, UHD, 4K, and DolbyVision HDR workflows – including online editing, color correction, title and graphics creation, knowledge of network broadcast standards, title safe, timecode, etc. – for multiple studios and networks, across multiple editorial and color correction platforms, such as AVID, Flame, Resolve, Baselight, and Nucoda
• Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to manage internal staff effectively to deliver projects under tight deadlines; must be organized, efficient, and accurate under pressure.
• Must be flexible to meet ever-changing needs of clients; must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while displaying the highest level of professionalism, commitment, and work ethic.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Prior work experience in a post-production facility is required.
• Strong understanding and experience with television workflow post processes and delivery requirements for multiple studios and networks.
• Understanding of MPAA guidelines and guild restrictions is a plus.
• Previous experience working with a Xytech program is a plus.