Picture Shop in Burbank, CA is seeking an experienced VFX Render for upcoming projects. Experience in Broadcast Episodic TV & Film a bonus.
- Monitor render farm and keep it running at maximum capacity
- Manage jobs on Deadline:
- Check rendered frames
- Track completed jobs
- Troubleshoot stalled jobs
- Report failed jobs to project artists/project managers
- Re-submit missing frames
- Monitor rendering priorities, blocking and unblocking jobs and allocating rendering resources when necessary
- Monitor and manage disk space on servers
- Record information accurately and produce reports
- Provide render farm support after hours and weekends as required by production
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Education in engineering, computer science, mathematics, engineering strongly preferred
- Understanding of the visual effects production process
- Experience with Nuke, Max, Maya, and/or Fume
- Familiar with Python scripting and/or Shotgun production tracking software a plus
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Works well in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings or graveyard shifts when production schedules require?
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Please submit your resume, reel, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, due to a high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every applicant.
Applicants must be based in Burbank/Los Angeles area, and eligible for work in the U.S.
Staff & Freelance positions available with potential for competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401K).
Start dates now and in the new year, dependent upon projects. Pay DOE.